In August 2022, Crownhill Packaging had the pleasure of hosting New-Tech Packaging at their head office in Toronto, Ontario. As New-Tech and Crownhill share similarities in their offerings—such as foam fabrication, packaging conversion, and assembly services—there was a shared interest in seeing each other’s facilities firsthand.
What benefits are gained from PDA partner visits?
• Strengthening relationships and sharing best practices
• Understanding capabilities, different equipment, and automation tactics
• Identifying opportunities for growth and expansion (e.g., design, marketing)
• Spending educational time with various departments and personnel
• Illuminating business strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvements
Over time, we can develop tunnel vision while evaluating our businesses. By visiting fellow PDA partners’ facilities, we experience fresh perspectives and develop new insights that help us improve our internal processes.
The lessons we learn from each other add value to all our organizations and help identify business opportunities for expansion into new markets. We highly recommend everyone take the opportunity to visit and learn from their fellow PDA partners.
“I think what makes our PDA group unique is that we are all willing to share information & learn from each other.” Micah Zehner, VP Business Development, New-Tech Packaging