From Packaging Digest
“Packaging digest polled exhibitors to the upcoming EastPack 2017 (June 13-15; New York City) to preview their new technologies and found these five gems:
1. A melt-and-dispense glue system that efficiently seals packages.
2. A strapping system that uses ultrasonic sealing to secure pallet loads.
3. An inkjet printer that increases efficiency with an auto-clean function.
4. A child-resistant closure for laundry pods packaging that also provides easy access for adults.
5. A new 3D cobot packaging application that excels at performance flexibility.”
From Packaging World
“Dolco Packaging: Custom-designed processor trays: These trays help meat and poultry processors draw attention to the unique attributes of their products with compartments/dividers for sausages, deep-draw pockets for meat patties, and structural indentations for easy removal.”
From Packaging Europe
“The environmental dividend that can be gained through targeted improvements in process engineering systems in high volume packaging production has been convincingly shown following close sustainability collaboration between Ardagh Group and Henkel.
Ardagh’s specialist aerosol manufacturing plant in Wedel, Germany, has produced the world’s lightest three-piece steel aerosol container for a range of Henkel’s hairspray products, comprising predominantly the leading European brand Schwarzkopf Drei Wetter Taft.”
From Business Wire
“Technavio’s latest market research report on the global sparkling juices market provides an analysis of the most important trends expected to impact the market outlook from 2017-2021. Technavio defines an emerging trend as a factor that has the potential to significantly impact the market and contribute to its growth or decline.”